OPPORTUNITIES IN BALI:
Apply for the Bali Dog Adoption Rehabilitation Centre (BARC) Sanctuary Volunteer Program. At present, we accept volunteers for periods of 5 days to a maximum of 7 days (Package minimum advised donation starts from 250 dollars per person. The volunteer may organize their own accommodation, or stay at our serenity house.
This Volunteer Program provides:
– Breakfast included
– Transport to BARC Dogs Sanctuary as in itinerary
Yes we accept volunteers for a day volunteering. Package minimum advised donation for a day volunteer only 50 dollars per day.
Before applying, please read through our volunteer agreement thoroughly to ensure that you understand all terms and conditions of our program.
As a volunteer with BARC, I agree to the following:
- That I wish to offer my services to BARC and understand there is no payment, reimbursement, the supply of meals, clothing, materials, and supply of transportation or compensation for any expenses incurred.
- I understand that any information provided to me by BARC staff regarding transport, accommodation, expenses, living in Bali, etc. is given in good faith and is to the best knowledge of the staff at the time.
- I understand that BARC does not take any responsibility for any loss or injury incurred by me whilst I am volunteering at BARC. This includes the cost of any post-exposure vaccination treatments that may be required.
- I agree to work within the established guidelines, procedures, and protocols of BARC at all times and that I will abide by the mission of BARC at all times.
- I accept that BARC is a no-kill shelter and that my own beliefs may not always align with those of BARC.
- I will handle all of the BARC animals in a gentle, respectful, and compassionate manner.
- I will respect the BARC staff, recognize that they have protocols to follow, and will comply with their instructions fully without obstructing their work or causing harm to the animals.
- I will use my common sense and compassion with the animals.
- I will respect the fact that I am a visitor to Bali and that whilst I may not agree with animal welfare practices I will not bring BARC’s name or work into disrepute by engaging in arguments with local people regarding their treatment of animals.
- I will work with everyone in a culturally sensitive manner.
- I will not take illegal drugs or consume alcohol (or be under the influence of these substances) while on BARC premises or representing BARC.
- I will not remove any property of BARC from the premises of BARC without signed permission from the Founder of BARC.
Once you have done that, you are welcome to apply by filling out this application form and sending it with anything on your cv relating to work with animals.
If you have more questions to ask? Please send your question to email@example.com.
- Patting and cleaning
- Cuddling and washing
- Feeding and soothing
- Digging and planting
Visit our adoption center in Ubud and lend a hand while you are there. The residents awaiting adoption all love to receive cuddle and this simple act also helps to prepare them for adoption. Taking them for a walk, giving them a bath, de-ticking are all things that both support BARC and the dogs.
Drop by and spend some quality time with the animals.
If you live in Bali or are staying for an extend period of time, why not become a foster parent?
Foster care is a critical part of getting puppies socialized and ready for adoption, it gives them time away from the centre where they can be subject to viruses that their little immune systems are not able to cope with. Foster helps to keep them safe and healthy till they are fully vaccinated and sterilized, as well as giving you and them some unconditional love.
OPPORTUNITIES ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD:
There are always ways to help! Thanks to the internet you can be anywhere in the world and still volunteer with us.
BARC is a registered Indonesian Yayasan (Charity) and a DGR registered Australian Charity. We are looking to fill several part-time volunteer roles.
With each of these opportunities you can work the hours that suit you, and ultimately you will be helping to bring the plight of the Bali Dogs to a wider audience.
As these roles are computer bases there are some basic IT skills required including: ability to use email, Facebook, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint. The level and amount of skill required does vary depending on the role and we can certainly discuss these details with you further.
This role is approximately one to four hours per week.
As a BARC Sponsorship Fundraiser you will be approaching companies and organizations for Sponsorship of a variety of activities BARC offer including: Adoption Days, the Dog Squad, Education Days, Medical Care and Sterilization Days.
Sponsorship opportunities vary in price and are fully tax deductible.
You will be fully supported in this role by the Administration Manager, marketing collateral and strategies are already in place and ready to be deployed.
Please note: You will not have to find the companies or create any documents – everything is provided for you. Your role is to contact the companies & working with them to implement the Sponsorship opportunities they buy.
As a BARC researcher you can choose what you work on & how much you want to do!
We need help researching competitions we can enter to win cash or prizes, looking into Grants we can apply for, developing a database of companies we can contact about sponsoring our various packages.
Please note you will not have to contact any companies – we have a different team for that. This is purely researching opportunities for BARC.
As a BARC Donation sniffer you can choose what you work on & how much you want to do. You will be approaching companies and organizations for Donations.
There are a few different areas of Donations, you can choose where you would like to focus.
- Vouchers & Products for Auction.
- Donations of Medical Supplies form Vets.
- Donations of other goods that can be used by BARC, Blankets, bowels, toys etc.
- Placing of donation tins in your local shops & then collecting once full.
We have template letters for all these donation categories, which you can just send in to the relevant places.
Australia (all capital cities) to Bali, or Bali to Australia (Perth).
We have donation supplies that need to get from Australia to Bali, and we have merchandise that needs to get from Bali to Australia.
If you are traveling and can spare some kilos to help the dogs, we would be most grateful.
For more information on any of these roles please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the visa and other legal regulations we are unable to employ or accept resumes from overseas. This includes vets and vet nurses. It is illegal for foreign vets to practice in Bali. We can only use the services of licensed Indonesian vets or vet nurses.
If you are an Indonesian citizen wishing to express interest in working for us please email us email@example.com for more information.